Creamy Pasta with Chicken and Broccoli
For 12 months and older.
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup white mushrooms, finely diced
- 1 cup broccoli tops, finely diced
- 1 cup tomato, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 1 cup homogenized milk
- 1/4 cup chicken broth or water
- 1/4 cup enriched white flour
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup grated mild cheddar cheese
- 4 cups whole wheat pasta, cooked and drained
- Dice raw chicken into bite-size pieces, small enough for baby to manage.
- Clean cutting board thoroughly, dice mushrooms, broccoli and tomato to same size chunks.
- In large saucepan, cook chicken with mushrooms and spices over medium heat, until chicken is thoroughly cooked (see Fig.1).
- Add broccoli and tomatoes, cover and reduce heat to low until broccoli is tender (see Fig. 2).
- Add chicken broth, allow to simmer while you mix milk, flour, parmesan and grated cheese in small bowl.
- Add mixture to saucepan, stir continuously until grated cheese has melted and blended well into sauce (see Fig. 3).
- Add cooked and drained pasta, toss and serve.
- For adults, extra salt or pepper may be added. For babies, portions may be mashed or eaten as is, depending on your child